This year the month of May is the start of many things for me:
- Three out of six client Incentive Destination Programs are completed – shout out and a heartfelt THANK YOU to my partners out there for making this happen. For me this only means I NEED more of these contracts to re-fill.
- Finalizing a three day Sales Conference for a new client happening in November this year.
- Getting RFP’s for three upcoming Fundraisers happening in 2016.
- Finalizing all the logistics for an upcoming client’s AGM in September.
- Sourcing for clients’:
Corp. BBQ’s, 40th Birthday, Party Sweet Sixteen, Golden Wedding Anniversary
- Started teaching the summer session classes at Lasalle College (cont. Ed.) and iLasalleCampus (online/webinar)
- It is also the beginning of my Wedding Season; one of the weddings’ I’ve been planning is for an incredible couple who live in Toronto but are getting married here in Montreal. We spent a few days together this month doing a pre-wedding photo shoot, cake and meal tastings, working out floral arrangements. They are having it at the Old Port … I know I’ve said it before, but my god, Old Montreal is the perfect setting for weddings!
Yes this month I also managed to squeeze in some Business Travel;
- L’Esterel Resort – it was a familiarization trip and it was awesome because spouses were able to attend. WOW it was nice to rediscover it … (I had already done some client programs there in the past and to get reacquainted it was a great reminder) During this time I got to meet up with industry friends that I haven’t seen in awhile. Wonderful time was had by all. The staff at l’Esterel Resort is PHENOMENAL!!
- Speaking of GRAND I also was graciously invited to Grapevine, Texas (Forth Worth) for another familiarisation tour. It was a great experience. I saw REAL Cowboys (with real guns) in an authentic typical Texan town, with majestic Horses and fabulous Cattle … yes it’s TRUE, when they say everything is bigger in Texas, everything is bigger in Texas! I’m really looking forward to bringing groups there. It’s just EPIC !!
- Lastly, I went to the NAV Centre in Cornwall for a day … WOW not only did I discover a new property to bring my delegates … We also where privileged to experience the (with the simulators) how to be a traffic control tower operator …. this was AWESOME!!! (rest assured I will not be change careers any time soon … just sayin’) Little known fact about the NAV Centre: is a privately run, not-for-profit, that owns and operates Canada’s civil air navigation system, employs approximately 1,900 air traffic controllers and 700 technologists. It has been responsible for the safe, orderly and expeditious flow of air traffic in Canadian air space since November 1, 1996. NAV Canada manages 12 million aircraft movements a year for 40,000 customers in over 18 million square kilometres, making it the world’s second-largest air navigation service provider by traffic volume.
It’s been a fabulous start to the warmer season (finally) and I can’t wait for June. See you then!